> I'm trying to get all the lua tests working on Solaris.
>
> I'm using the 5.2.3 lua source tarball and as I didn't see a
> matching 5.2.3 test tarball, I'm using the 5.2.2 one.

That should be ok.

> I run:
>
> [...]
>
> I see:
>
>   Do not worry if it does not work the first time you try. (That is why
>   there is the _U option after all.) You may need to adjust small details
>   for your system. Among others, here is a list of things that may
> go wrong:
>
>       small bugs in your system's C library;
>       file names returned by tmpnam cannot be opened or cannot be
> opened in write mode;
>       names in C libraries need a "_" prefix (only for function
> package.loadlib; see test attrib.lua);
>       unconventional syntax for the command processor in os.execute.
>
> I'm guessing I might be hitting the second one there. Could anybody
> provide more details why:
>
>     file names returned by tmpnam cannot be opened or cannot be
> opened in write mode;

I don't think that is your problem. 'os.tmpname' is called at the very
beginning of this test, and most of the test depends on this temporary
file: It even has an explicit check for that problem (see lines 27~33).

Have you checked why the assertions are failing? Have you printed
the values of 'r', 'm', and 'c'?

-- Roberto