On 2014/9/11 16:34, Thijs Schreijer wrote:
You're mixing 2 things I think....

-----Original Message-----
From: lua-l-bounces@lists.lua.org [mailto:lua-l-bounces@lists.lua.org] On
Behalf Of albert_200200
Sent: donderdag 11 september 2014 10:09
To: lua-l
Subject: How to change class member data reference?

First I use the following code to define a lua class:
clsSMSSend = {}
function clsSMSSend:new()
      local o = {}
      setmetatable(o, self)
      self.__index = self
      o.MobileNo            = "oldmobile"
      o.tbl_body  = {
          [1]     = o.MobileNo,
      }
You put in in a sub-table, which indicates you're intending to use it as a proxy table. But in that case you need to add __newindex and __index methods that handle retrieval and storage of those elements

      return o
end

The problem is as below:
obj = clsSMSSend:new()
obj.MobileNo = "newmobile"
for k, v in ipairs(obj.tbl_body) do
Now you're looking in obj.tbl_body where you put the value in obj.MobileNo, not in obj.tbl_body.MobileNo. If you use the proxy approach, then set an __index method that looks key up inside tbl_body.

Hth
Thijs

      print(k, v) --but here still print "oldmobile" not "newmobile"
end

If I want the code to print "newmobile", how can I correct it? Thanks.

Thanks for your reply, Pardon me for my foolish, I didn't get your idea, could you write some tip code? Thanks.