Hi,
       I an trying to get a xml file from a uPnP device and the file I get starts off as:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

The 1st three characters should not be there. It seems the content-length in the response header is off by 3 so it picks 3 extra characters.
        If I open the same file in firefox it gets the same response (checked with Fiddler) but if I save it Firefox saves the file without those 3 characters and makes it a valid XML.
         Does anyone have any idea how firefox makes its http request more robust so it can decide that those first 3 characters do not belong to the body of the message? In other words how does it know that the content-length is off.

Thanks,
Milind