> On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 12:19 AM, Dirk Laurie <dirk.laurie@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> And I would like to see "bike shed" replaced by "velocipede depot" :-)
>
> I wonder if the bike shed argument has ever been used on this list to
> a productive end -- instead of being dismissive and a waste of my mail
> quota.

Maybe I should have reminded readers that a proposal to change
lua_State to lua_Thread or whatever is also on the table.

If we go along this road, then the "table" library should become
the "sequence" library,

There should be one and only one reason ever to change a name:
because the new name is used for something different.