> Am 25.08.2014 um 07:55 schröbte Dirk Laurie:

>>> It installs a specific version of a module. What did you guess?
>>

>> I thought that "luarocks install module 5.2" would install a version
>> of the module built with Lua 5.2 options in /usr/local/lib/lua/5.2
>> and /usr/local/share/lua/5.2.
>

> No, that would be `luarocks-5.2 install module`.
>

>> I have not been able to discover what it tries to do. Every single
>> way I have tried to code the "version" parameter has exactly
>> the same result: "Error: No results matching query were found."
>

> Try something like `luarocks install lpeg 0.11-1` ...

A package manager some of us use has the following on its manpage:

   To select a particular version of the package, append “=<version>”
   to the package name: for instance, “aptitude install apt=0.3.1”.

I'm not saying that luarocks should also use '='. But documenting
<version> like that, complete with "for instance", would be immensely
helpful on "luarocks help install".