Dear users,

We have been trying to connect to a remote IBM DB2 LUW DataBase on Linux machine through odbc driver from another Linux machine.

At the remote machine, for DB2 10.5 LUW, v10.5fp3_linuxia32_odbc_cli.tar.gz has been untarred and the following configuration files have been edited.

1. db2cli.ini
2. db2dsdriver.cfg

We also make & install odbc in our machine. We are not able to successfully establish a connection.

But we are not sure, how the connection string in our lua program recognises the remote db. There must be some lookup file that lua uses like odbc.ini, odbcinst.ini to identify the remote db and its credentials, which are not available in our machine.

We are not clear of the requirements at either side for odbc connection. Request your insights and clarification.

http://www.unixodbc.org/doc/db2.html
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSMKHH_9.0.0/com.ibm.etools.mft.doc/bk58060_.htm
lua-users.org/lists/lua-l/2007-10/msg00045.html

Thanks for your time.

 Regards,
   Poojita

and any attachments. Thank you