I think they are unaware that there is no patched release with a
possibly updated patch version number of all those reported bugs in a
timely fashion. Nobody is suggesting rerelase with exactly the same
version number.

Also yes, it is not good that they missed on this, but that is exactly
why I am proposing a more obvious note on the download page. This
shouldn't slip past package maintainers, but apparently it does (and
it also slipped past me in a few months of my personal Lua use) so why
not try to do something about it? A note doesn't need much time to
write. (unlike a change in policies to actually release updates more
often)

Regards,
Jonas Thiem