Just the fact that the guy didn't pointed out what exactly is broken and what is poorly documented totally discredits his affirmations.

It is quite easy to just toss crap on others, i can just say "Lua is half broken, it is not documented, it is utter crap...bla bla bla"...quite easy :-).

I never used penlight, mainly because i found it after a lot of stuff have already been done (totally my fault of course, i should have searched for something like "lua batteries" on the beginning of the project :-). But from what i have seen it is quite well documented and i will definitely give it a try on my next Lua project :-).