"Non-conventional" keys (such as tables
and functions) use the object address as the key, so ASLR makes those
keys non deterministic, independently of any seed.

Well, in the considered data format, I happen to have only string keys, (and integers, as part of the data are number lists), so disabling the internal randomization should do the trick. So, being able to restore the pre-5.2 behavious would be enough in my case. And after a fashion, I don't count on the deterministic traversal *in my code*. Any traversal order will do just fine (but I see your point).

--
Benoit.