Hi Adam,

> That's because connect() includes a DNS lookup, and DNS resolution on
> Windows is synchronous. Most programs work around this problem using
> threads. It's kinda lame.

Yes, I thought it blocks somewhere in the resolver. There is not much
I can do at the application level. Fortunately in my case I only have
to deal with known addresses.

> What's the expected behavior of a zero timeout? I would expect it to
> never succeed at all, because no packet ever has zero latency.

It would be the same as for a small timeout; I'd expect "nil, timeout"
to be returned with copas taking care of that. Even using 0.000001 as
the timeout value works, but not 0.

Paul.