It was thus said that the Great Dirk Laurie once stated:

> In gcc you have -Wparentheses, but beginners should be taught
> to compile everything with -Wall. Most beginner mistakes are
> caught by that. In fact, I count myself a beginner as far as
> perpetrating those is concerned, evern though I wrote my first
> C code 30 years ago.

  I tend to add "-Wextra" as "-Wall" skips a few warnings.  I'll also add
"-ansi -pedantic" or "-std=c99 -pedantic" depending on which standard (C89,
C99) I'm coding to.  It also helps to compile on multiple systems, as
different compilers (and different versions of GCC) warn about different
things.

  -spc