On 7/10/14, Alex Szpakowski <aszpakowski@gmail.com> wrote:
> Eric Wing wrote
>> One thing I still would like to see is Lua's exception handling
>> (implementation detail) refactored in a way that allows me to more
>> easily change it so I can make it use Apple's Obj-C @try/@catch
>> exception mechanism without compiling all of Lua as Obj-C.
>
> Cocoa isn't exception-safe, FWIW.

There are real world cases that come up where it is invaluable to
catch an exception thrown by Cocoa. (Usually dealing/working around
Apple bugs.)

Also, when you do things like REPL with Lua + Cocoa, it is extremely
valuable that the Lua interpreter know an exception is thrown.
Otherwise things can get really messed up otherwise the Lua state
thinks you are still in one place, while in reality everything jumped
somewhere else.

-Eric
--
Beginning iPhone Games Development