I am from C background, using LUA for extensibility of C application.
I am enjoying it, and hope to use Lua for a long long time...

Thanks Lua Authors and Community subscribers for their kind help.

I am so excited, ordered 5.2 book from Amazon.com to make sure I learn Lua properly.

Thanks Again.
Austin

On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 12:42 AM, Paige DePol <lual@serfnet.org> wrote:
On Jul 10, 2014, at 11:38 AM, Steven Degutis <sbdegutis@gmail.com> wrote:

> It's probably my favorite extension language ever. Haven't tried it
> outside of a C host (yet), but for embedding in a C host, it is
> extremely easy to embed and easy to use, with very sane and simple
> rules and conventions. Having tried to embed Ruby, Python, and
> _javascript_ into an Objective-C application, Lua outshines them all
> both when it comes to embedding, and in the simplicity of the language
> itself. I've elaborated a little bit in a blog post[1] about a month
> ago. Honestly, I'm thinking of embedding Lua into /every/ GUI
> application that I write from now on. Thanks for making it awesome!
>
> [1]: http://sdegutis.github.io/2014/06/16/lua-my-new-favorite-extension-language/

I have to agree, I had virtually no problems creating a Lua framework and iOS static library for my game engine. I am even going the extra mile and adding features to Lua I desire... and I haven't coded in pure-C for over a decade, maybe more!

The code for Lua is fairly terse, but it has been a great learning experience, plus I get to create my own language... okay, Lua variant, but still quite exciting!

I think that Lua's malleability is a great strength, and it would not surprise me to find that Lua, or variants of Lua, are being used even more than is realised! :)

~pmd