On Tue, Jul 08, 2014 at 03:37:22PM +0200, David Demelier wrote:

> Le 08/07/2014 01:57, Leo Razoumov a écrit :
> >I am still flabbergasted by the Lua's developers decision to remove
> >some of the C89 math functions
> >like cosh, sinh, tanh, etc. Is it in order to shrink the size of a
> >statically linked Lua executable?
>
> Yes, I don't understand neither. Sometimes I'm thinking about
> switching to a different scripting language but actually I didn't
> find something that could replace Lua.

Alternatively, LuaJIT continues to provide hyperbolic functions.

If you are doing a significant amount of numerical computation, the
Julia language may be worth to experiment with. Like Lua, Julia has
first-class functions and lexical scoping. On the downside it is not
as lightweight and portable as Lua or as fast as LuaJIT.

Peter