> not me.  i do find anonymous lambdas a handy construct and use them
> extensively.  I also think that the 'short lambda syntac' patches
> around are a waste of time.

I understand everyone has his preferred syntax for this or that, and
that function() ... end syntax is all right for most use cases, but
standard function calling syntax & semantics plus some lambda shortcut
like | ... | could go a long way in the direction of implementing
custom control structures or language constructs, without requiring
macro support at all.