Hi Philippe.

On Thu, Jul 3, 2014 at 6:31 PM, Philippe Lhoste <PhiLho@gmx.net> wrote:
> Still much older than the new wave of languages: Rust, Go, Swift; Groovy,
> Scala, Clojure, Ceylon, Kotlin, Dart; or even Fantom, F#, and some others.

<grin>Some of those are JVM languages.

Anyway, I do not consider it old because I saw it start, and avoided
it until I considered it usable and stable, on about version 1.4.2.
For me old is C, FORTRAN, COBOL ... ( A teenager may be older than a
billion people, but I wouldn't call her old ).

And Java certainly looks older than it is. I never cease to be amazed
at how people who like to boast of their Object orientation made
String.format an static method. I've always thought they did it to
avoid alienating old timers coming from the procedural camp.

Regards.
   Francisco Olarte.