I've updated my lstrip utility for both Lua 5.1 and 5.2:
	http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/~lhf/ftp/lua/#lstrip

lstrip compresses Lua programs by removing comments and whitespace,
including line breaks, but you can preserve some or all line breaks.

lstrip can also dump the token stream of a Lua program.

lstrip is now written as a token filter, which is much easier to maintain.
In fact, the code for 5.1 and 5.2 is the same, except for the handling
of :: in 5.2.

Like all my code, lstrip is in the public domain.
All comments, suggestions, and bug reports are welcome.

Enjoy.
--lhf