[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: lua 5.2.3 on FreeBSD 10 no shared library
- From: David Demelier <demelier.david@...>
- Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2014 13:52:34 +0200
Le 01/07/2014 09:52, Stefan Parvu a écrit :
export LDFLAGS="-L /usr/local/lib"
export CFLAGS="-I /usr/local/include/lua52" # note: capital i
Fixed. Here a short review:
1. Use lua 5.1. Lua 5.2 will not work since some lib calls have been replaced from main
distribution. lua_call for example. rrdtool configure will not pick it up.
2. You can use the distribution packages or compile your own. Make sure if you compile
and build LUA yourself you will enable dynamic shared libraries for LUA. Default
LUA is building the only a static lib.
3. luajit is not compatible with rrdtool's configure script. It will not correctly detect nor will
it work. Thats a pain.
So I hope RRDtool people can look into their configure and add support for luajit to have a
faster processing of rrds via LUA. Until then we can use nicely Lua 5.1. Lua 5.3 is already out
so probable configure needs to be updated.
Good news :-).
PS : It's Lua, not LUA.