On 29/06/14 11:31, Mayuresh Kathe wrote:
hi,

just in case folks didn't know, the inventor of flow-based programming
loves lua enough to have started off on an implementation using it.

more about 'fbp' at; http://www.jpaulmorrison.com/fbp/

Thanks for the head up, yet another thing I thought I had invented all by myself :)

In case anyone is interested in this sort of things, I remind of l-flow, a toy flow programming language written in pure Lua:

https://github.com/xopxe/lflow

A sample program could be as follows:

-----------------------------
'gris:1', 0.1 > sensor_poll > sense_left
'gris:2', 0.1 > sensor_poll > sense_right

sense_left, '>', 50 > threshold > forward_left
sense_right, '>', 50 > threshold > forward_right

forward_left, forward_left > motors >

This controls a line-following robot, a typical first step in educational robotics (variations are a "moth", follow the light and "roach", escape from light).

The motivation behind it is pretty specific:
1. Test Lumen, the multitasking scheduler (https://github.com/xopxe/Lumen)
2. Experiment with an environment for building simple control programs for educational robotics: is it possible learn to write control applications for robots without learning imperative programming before?

But this could inspire someone to do something, so there it goes.

Jorge.