On Jun 25, 2014, at 12:53 PM, Pierre-Yves Gérardy <pygy79@gmail.com> wrote:

> Team Lua actually sidestepped this problem for `goto`s by forbidding
> to jump into the scope of a local variable. The same restriction could
> have been used for `continue`. It could still be used, actually ;-)
>
> —Pierre-Yves

Indeed they did, it could of been used, don't know why it wasn't, but my patch works quite well for me.

I like having a `continue` keyword, and I especially like having Lua take care of creating the ::continue:: label for me and not having to use the ugly `goto continue` syntax... thankfully we just have `break` and don't need to create our own ::break:: label and use `goto break`... ick. ;)

~pmd