This can work.
-- delete the last two quotes
path = [["C:\program files\lua\lua.exe" C:\Users\name surname\test.lua]]
print(path) os.execute(path)
But if you have more than one argument, I don't know how.

At 2014-06-23 02:19:04, "Michael Gerbracht" <smartmails@arcor.de> wrote: >I would like to use os.execute() to run an .exe file with a path as argument. >I tried the following: > >path = [["C:\program files\lua\lua.exe" "C:\Users\name surname\test.lua"]] >print(path) >os.execute(path) > >I do get an error, that 'C:\Users\name' is not recogized as internal or >external command. > >I know that you should put some quotes around the path if it contains spaces. >And in my case both pathes used may contain spaces. If you put the content of >path variable into a .bat file it works. I expected that os.execute(command) >does the same as putting the command in a .bat file but there seems to be a >difference. > >Do you have any idea how to get it working? > >P.S.: Please note that usually you need the excape sequence \\ for the \ >character in lua. When using [[]] brakets this seems not to be necessary, >otherwise the print command would not show the desired output. > >Thank you very much! >Michael Gerbracht > >