agree with you, but I think .\?.dll and !\?.dll should keep. That can
be used when you using Lua executable locally. add a clibs folder and
put lua dlls into it when this is a system-wise installation, but put
lua dll directly to lua.exe's location or to library path (when you
copy lua.exe to that place for debugging) when it's a local
installation.

Does !\?53.dll, .\?53.dll, !\clibs\?53.dll should added as well?

--
regards,
Xavier Wang.