On 6/22/2014 4:03 PM, David Demelier wrote:
Hello there,

I'm trying to build Lua 5.2.3 as a full shared library (no static at
all). I used MinGW-w64 and I typed make mingw to build Lua.

The generated files includes a lua.exe built dynamically (with
lua.dll). But there also liblua.a which *seems* to be static. Because
when I try to create a simple module in C and link to this liblua.a,
calling lua.exe myfile.lua (which call require "themodule") ends with
"Multiple Lua VMs detected".

Usually, MinGW projects installs two different kind of libraries,
foo.a (static) and foo.dll.a (shared, for import).

How can I do the same with Lua ?

Just link it with the DLL, that's the easiest route. The MinGW linker is very flexible. I wouldn't use the static library unless the thingy is totally self-contained.

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)