I have started writing, in January 2013, a book I have called "Lua
Programming", which I have published on Wikibooks. This book is now
complete, and I am announcing it here to make it known to people who
could be interested in reading it or contributing to it. Since
Wikibooks is a collaborative project (in many ways like Wikipedia, but
with, as its purpose, to create educative textbooks), anyone can
contribute to the books it hosts, and this includes this book.

Many other languages (Haskell, Python, Java, PHP, JavaScript, Ruby,
and others) have a textbook on Wikibooks, and I wanted Lua to have one
as well. I think this book is valuable in particular because it is
available to read for free on the web and is released under a free
license (Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike), because it has a
general focus, and because it does not assume any programming
experience, while containing content meant for people of all levels.

At the moment, the focus is given to the usage of the language itself
(the syntax and the libraries) because that's what I know best. There
is no documentation of the C API or of more internal or technical
details; this is something that is really missing and I hope someone
will fill this gap one day.

The book is available at this address:
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Lua_Programming