On 06/04/2014 06:15 PM, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
However, I never understood, why trailing commas are not allowed in
function calls.
One argument for not supporting this is that argument lists are almost never
generated automatically, which was the original motivation for supporting
trailing commas in table constructors, as this simplifies code generation.

Another is that argument lists in practice are never very long.

Both assumtions are wrong for many Lua scripts I know.

I actually know explicit cases were I run in exactly this problem. Of course I can always resort in using a table as argument list for all API functions.

--
Thomas