On Monday, June 2, 2014, Roberto Ierusalimschy <roberto@inf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
> >> Multiple return values going mainstream:
> >>
> >> https://developer.apple.com/swift/
> >>
> >> Yeah :D
> >
> > Python's not mainstream?

Lua is not mainstream??

-- Roberto

I hope not and if it is, I'll never acknowledge it.

Andrew

- when the Amiga went "mainstream" due to the NewTek Video Toaster, we resented anyone who thought of it as "The Toaster's power supply." Even if someone owned 10 Amigas, as long as they were booting them straight into the Toaster, I would feel compelled to argue with them about how awesome it was. So, to the True Believer, it could never be mainstream as long as it wasn't getting the "respect it truly deserved", whatever that meant to the person holding the belief.

With lua, as long as I can't type "<script type='text/lua'>" into my HTML document, I'll be at war! ;)