Am 16.05.2014 07:46, schrieb Dirk Laurie:
When building Lua using MinGW, the following structure is produced;

{root}
   +-- bin
   +-- include
   +-- lib
   |    +-- lua
   |         +-- 5.2
   +-- man
   |    +-- man1
   +-- share
        +-- lua
             +-- 5.2

There is no global accepted rule where to install lua.
I compiled/installed luajit on ARM-Linux and your directory tree becomes created in /usr/local/. Thats ok for me. Luadist makefiles does not recognize the installed juajit and do not cooperate with it. So it does not matter where you pull your module sources: you need to modify the makefiles anyway. After playing with Lua for a year on windows & Linux, i know there is no widely accepted way to name installed files and no widely accepted rule where to store the installed files.

So if you want to set up your own running lua environment: "Roll your Own!" Thats state of the art. And as long each developer / each distro keeps creating own rules it will keep being this way.

Ulrich.