Sorry for the repeat. I found some info in the Lua Users wiki and lua52.dll is the right naming convention.

Thanks,
Milind

On Tue, May 6, 2014 at 7:30 AM, Milind Gupta <milind.gupta@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,
       I see that for Lua 5.2 onwards you have to have lua as a dynamic library so that it can be used by the module and the interpreter. So does this mean that the name of the dynamic library now becomes important?
        I compiled Lua 5.2.3 as a dll with a name of lua523.dll and then used that to compile a C module. I tried using the C module from the Lua interpreter which was Lua 5.2.2 which had its own dll called lua52.dll. As soon as I included the module it gave me an error that it could not find lua523.dll.
        So is this error because the interpreter was Lua 5.2.2 or does the module now always require the dll name to be lua523.dll? If the latter then that means that the lua interpreter and the lua module should expect the same name of the library, so for the modules to be easily portable do we have a standard name recommendation for the lua library to be compiled as?

Thanks,
Milind