On Thu, May 1, 2014 at 12:35 PM, Thomas Jericke <tjericke@indel.ch> wrote:
> Do we really wan't to write polynoms as (2 * x) + (4 * (x ^ 2)) + (3 *
> (x^3)) instead of 2 * x  +  4 * x^2 + 3 * x^3 ?

I don't want to - because I'm used to these standard operators and
their precedence levels.

Adding another operator that works right-to-left is fine, but I really
cannot see what this colon operator can do that cannot be done by
straightforward code,  which we can all read unambiguously.

So I'm with Michael on this one - new cognitive load is only ok if the
user of the language gets an immediate increase in expressiveness.
(And leaving out explicit ()  doesn't feel intuitive to me - Lua is
not Pascal or Eiffel.)