On 04/29/2014 03:29 PM, Peng Zhicheng wrote:

although it is mostly about personal tastes, I'd say that,
too much sugar is BAD.

personally I am satisfied with the current syntax of Lua.
I can use moonscript when I want concise syntax.
but I found myself write little moonscripts.

I don't call this syntactic sugar.
The ':' itself is syntactic sugar, what I try in my patch is just allowing to use it in more places.
The patch itself doesn't add new kinds of sugar.
Of course in the end, more of the same sugar is also more sugar.

BTW, this is not meant to be a suggestion for Lua, I want to write a user-patch for Lua . If it turns out to be helpful, the Lua team can use the ideas if they want to.
--
Thomas