Hi there,

I'm very happy to announce the first release candidate of Lua-SDL2
[1]. As I already announced a few
months ago, Lua-SDL2 is a pure C binding against SDL 2.0.3.

It is designed to be as close as possible to the official SDL C API
but with object orientation and
functions overload where possible. For instance, SDL_Window is mapped
to a Lua userdata object.

The Lua-SDL2 binding was currently tested on Windows 7 and FreeBSD. It
should compile on major
platforms which support C and SDL. Prebuilt binaries are available for Windows.

The SDL API is covered around 95% (of what can be implemented, DSO and
such are not counted), its API
is completely documented [2].

However, Lua-SDL2 now needs *your* help, by:

* Testing as much as possible, a lot of examples are available in the
examples/ and tutorials/
  directories.

* A few functions are not implemented, it's the case of Texture:lock
for instance which is terribly
  hard to implement from Lua because the C side expect to cast the
pixel pointer to the underlyling
  sized array which in Lua is impossible to do. Please provide me
feedback on how you want it to
  be implemented.

* Feedback, provide me some enhancement you may find obvious or
better. In the code or in the documentation :-).

* Testing Haptic and OpenGL functions, I don't have any haptic devices
so I can't test myself. For OpenGL, I never used
  it so I can't test neither.

Currently, Lua-SDL2 only supports Lua 5.2 and higher, I will add some
portability code for Lua 5.1 in the
next few days.

Enjoy this binding :-).

Kind regards,