> On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 5:58 AM, Dirk Laurie <dirk.laurie@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hey! I really have such a build. You can have one too.
>>
>> <http://lua-users.org/lists/lua-l/2011-05/msg00541.html>
>
> But does it allow for embedded UTF16 within that UTF8? :D
>
> PS: It's the Straw Man Argument!  My Google-Fu is strong :-)
> http://web.cn.edu/kwheeler/fallacies_list.html

Your OP said:

    I'd like to discuss allowing @, $, !, and ? in identifier names.

Three of those are the precise ones in that post of almost three
years ago. Nothing straw-mannish about that.

In fact, the three-years younger me (who at that stage was a Lua
user of six months' standing — check?) would have had much
sympathy with your proposal. See the follow-ups, LHF asking me
what I thought the patch was good for, etc.