On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 9:36 PM, Petite Abeille
<petite.abeille@gmail.com> wrote:
> What’s the heartburn about?
> In 5.1, _M is set by module( … ):

Well, yes - when using module() this happens implicitly.  In this case
I did it deliberately, and it isn't consistent with the coding style
of the rest of the code base, where the local module table is always
spelled out fully.  Look, not a terribly evil thing, but it's a case
where saving a few characters per function definition does not lead to
clarity.

(The other irritating thing about this particular codebase - and I can
speak frankly because I did it - is that even silly things like
require receive local aliases in some modules.  lglob doesn't
understand that extra indirection and it's a classic case of taking a
tactic (declare used stuff up front) and taking it to its absurd
conclusion.)