Am 22.04.2014 08:40 schröbte Dirk Laurie:

Typically when "blessed" comes up, it is in terms of "standard socket
library" and "class implementation."

Class implementation in Lua is a perfect example of a subject over which
religious wars are fought. Is the class table the metatable or the __index
metamethod of the object? Sheep to my right, goats to my left, please.

Neither if done right ;-p. But why should we care? If `Animal` is a class, I want

    function Animal:speak() ... end

to somehow end up as a method for Animal objects.

Philipp