On Sat, Apr 19, 2014 at 2:18 PM, Sean Conner <sean@conman.org> wrote:

>  Perhaps in time it'll be reguarded like the "register" keyword, accepted, but totally ignored.

The liberal in me wants register, inline, const, auto, and maybe even
restrict to be removed from the list of C keywords.  gcc & clang-llvm
are so smart nowadays (imo) these keywords are more misused than used
appropriately :(  volatile can never be made useless by a
self-aware/skynet compiler though, haha

>   GCC uses a byte to store a bool.

TIL :o

>   I felt it was a bit safer that way, because in C, true is anything other than 0.

I used to define true as ~0

I felt so clever for doing so in my early days >.>

>   Dude!  How old of a compiler do you use?

I just didn't see the hurt of avoiding ifn?def when it's only a 1-line
difference, it is more paranoia though. :-)

>   I actually meant C99, not luaL_Buffer.

Ahh I see :-)