Am 16.04.2014 19:15 schröbte Hisham:
I know I'll be burned at the stake but here it goes:

Monkey patching is a source of problems and non-reusable code, and promotes
breakage of encapsulation and API contracts.

There are always better solutions; the mechanisms that allow monkey
patching are there for low-level metaprogramming, not for regular
module/application development.

I agree in general, yet we both have contributed to a publicly available module[1] that does _nothing but_ monkey-patching ...

Hisham (rant over too)

Philipp

  [1]: https://github.com/hishamhm/lua-compat-5.2