On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 3:19 AM, steve donovan
<steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 10:14 PM, Leo Razoumov <slonik.az@gmail.com> wrote:
>> very interesting, indeed!
>> 'ctags' supports emacs via '-e' switch. Does 'ltags' support emacs as well?
>
> I'm afraid not.  I looked at the file format and it seemed a relic of
> some dinosaur age....
>
> But I will overcome my prejudices if someone thinks it is important.

I would _really_ like to have a better tags support for Lua in Emacs,
and I would put it to use immediately to index tons of things - my
scripts, plus many rocks...

There are at least a handful of other Emacs users here on the list -
the lua-mode for Emacs is quite good, and at several points of the
past people have posted (prototype-like) hacks to Emacs's "Grand
Universal Debugger" to make it able to debug Lua too... and maybe one
of the reasons why we don't use the mailing list more to share our
stuff & findings is exactly because we don't have very good tools to
navigate other people's code - so we take more time to feel that we've
done our homework.

Please do add support for the etags file format to ltags, it is going
to be very useful!

  Cheers,
    Eduardo Ochs
    http://angg.twu.net/