It was thus said that the Great Enrique Garcia Cota once stated:

> Monkeypatching is a tool. It's a bit more error-prone than others, but
> mostly because it has been around (popularly) less time. There are things
> that can be done only through it. That alone justifies its existence in my
> opinion. But also requires strong reminders of the  dangers of not using it
> correctly.

  This reminds me of a joke.

  Bob walks in to see Dave repeatedly hit the TV.

  "Why are you hitting the the TV?" asked Bob.

  "The picture is distorted and nothing else I've done seemed to help," said
Dave, as he hit the TV even harder.

  "Here, let me try," said Bob.  Bob walks over the to TV and hits it.
Suddenly, the TV  starts working correctly.

  Dave is dumbfounded.  "You hit the TV!  And it's working!  How did that
work?"

  "I know *why* hitting the TV fixes it," said Bob.

  -spc (So, no hitting the TV unless you know why hitting the TV works.)