From: lua-l-bounces@lists.lua.org [mailto:lua-l-bounces@lists.lua.org] On Behalf Of Fabien
Sent: vendredi 11 avril 2014 12:06
To: Lua mailing list
Subject: Re: Static metaprogramming with Lua 5.2.

@Steve it sure would be nice to do some porting. However:

  1. if I wait a bit more I can go straight to Lua 5.3 ;
  2. it's not clear whether the highest priority target would be Lua 5.{2,3} or LuaJIT.

Somewhere on my radar, there's LuaJIT-lang-toolkit [https://github.com/franko/luajit-lang-toolkit]. It converts ASTs into LuaJIT bytecode, but unfortunately defines its own AST format. It would be really nice to convert it to the Metalua format, or at least hack an AST transcoder. I'd even help anyone willing to take the lead on such a project... :-)