On 07/04/2014 10:04, steve donovan wrote:
On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 3:00 PM, Thiago L. <fakedme@gmail.com> wrote:
Well if I were to use __index and __newindex someone could use rawget and
rawset to bypass it and break my proxy... newproxy blocks that...
That's true. But if you are not trusting your users then there must be
a sandbox, and in which case you could simply not give them
rawget/rawset ;)

That doesn't mean newproxy doesn't have any use... __rawset and __rawget metafields (to be used as error messages) would make newproxy useless...