On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 11:46 AM, Chris Emerson
<chris-lua@mail.nosreme.org> wrote:
> source, parse it/alter to get the path (possibly handling different filesystem
> types - Unix, case-insensitive Windows, etc.), in every Lua script.  By its
> nature, you can't just pop it into a module you require().

I haven't had any problems with pl.app.require_here

https://github.com/stevedonovan/Penlight/blob/master/lua/pl/app.lua#L26

which uses the arg[0] trick.  Just needs a single line to be added to
the designated "main script"

require 'pl.app'.require_here()
...'local requires'

 Works on every platform I've tested on, but I'd appreciate if anyone
could find a hole in this scheme....