Hi,
          I have a C module which is called from a Lua program and the module creates a lua state inside itself. The module loads a string into the created state. But if the String when loaded generates an error e.g like a syntax error then the module tries to close this created state using lua_close.
         When the module closed the state the application crashes. This does not happen if the loaded string did not have an error.

         How should I go about cleanly closing a lua state after a string load error.

Thanks,
Milind