- sinh, cosh, tanh: (They are quite specialized, on par with several
other functions offered by external libraries, such as lhf's mathlibx.)

These come up frequently enough in animation and graphics contexts that I'd vote to keep them around.  Analytic solutions to differential equations are useful when simulating motion; and they often involve hyperbolic trig functions.  (Tanh, for example, is the right behavior for the speed of an object falling in the presence of air resistance.  It's also a relatively nice sigmoidal function, and those are handy in all sorts of data smoothing tricks.)

- deg, rad, pow: trivially done without the library.

Pow we can certainly do without; but, it's nice to work in a language where everyone doesn't need to define their own version of deg and rad.  Just having standardized names is helpful.

-Sven