On Thu, Apr 3, 2014 at 1:35 PM, Roberto Ierusalimschy
<roberto@inf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
> We are considering removing some functions from the standard math lib,
> either because we think few people use them or because they are trivially
> implemented without the library. The current list is this:
>
> - sinh, cosh, tanh: (They are quite specialized, on par with several
> other functions offered by external libraries, such as lhf's mathlibx.)

I can get behind this; hyperbolic geometry isn't particularly common.

> - deg, rad, pow: trivially done without the library.

I agree for removing pow, but not for deg and rad. Yes, it's trivially
done, but having it defined in the library does make the code more
readable and saves having to memorize the formulas (which are simple
but using it in-place doesn't help readability at all).

/s/ Adam