On Apr 1, 2014, at 5:15 AM, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo <lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> wrote:

>> The issue with the prompts not showing up is likely not platform-dependant.
>
> I think it depends on the version of readline used and so is platform-dependent.

Another thought, couldn't the test suite test for the presence of prompts in the output, and if that fails, check if the output has no prompts at all, but does have other expected output?

If the case is that readline either will, or will not, output prompts then it seems to me that both cases could be tested, thus potentially not causing a test to fail on platforms where readline suppresses the prompts in output.

I do realise that some of these tests are platform dependant, but if the test suite could be made more aware of some of these differences then it could fully succeed on a wider range of systems! :)

~pmd~