It was thus said that the Great Jim Rambo once stated:
> Yes, I have that working.  I was just hoping for api info on the rest of
> the function calls, parameters, return values, etc.  If not available, I
> can infer from the source code and underlying unix function behaivior.

  It's a socket.  Any of the calls you would do with a network connected
socket, you can do with a Unix socket.  There are some things you can do
over a unix socket that you can't do over a network socket, like pass file
descriptors and credentials (pid, uid, gid of sending packet) but that stuff
tends to be a pain to use.

  -spc