On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 1:29 AM, steve donovan <steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 10:16 AM, Dirk Laurie <dirk.laurie@gmail.com> wrote:
> Introducing a new keyword is like a heart transplant. It's the
> last resort when less invasive surgery fails.

I have to agree there, given that there are non-invasive methods that
don't abuse _G (e.g. Phillip's local solution) and also static
analysis tools.  One can't expect Lua to do everything!

I usually show strict.lua to beginners who don't understand yet what is possible with metatables, never really needed it though... :>

HAHAHAHA: use strict;