> Personally I kinda wish people would just write string.find() rather
> than making a local sfind(), much easier to notice when things
> disappear.

Well, for the string functions one can always use object-oriented
notation. The point about caching library functions locally is
that your module now has them and they are protected against
the program that requires them. That idiot can do table = nil or
_ENV={}, but it is not your module that mysteriously seems to
break.