On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 08:11:16AM -0700, Jim Rambo wrote:

>    Hello,
>    Is there any documentation anywhere for the luasocket unix socket
>    module?
>    I have a test script working with lua 5.2 and latest luasocket based on
>    the unix client test script.
>    Right now I am sifting through the source code just to see what is
>    available.  Alternatives?
>    Regards,
>    Jim

cqueues.socket supports unix sockets. socket.connect takes a table of
options including four values specific to unix sockets:

 * .path - path to socket
 * .mode - fchmod or chmod socket after creating UNIX domain
 * .mask - set and restore umask when binding UNIX domain sockets
 * .unlink - unlink socket path before binding

It also supports descriptor passing.

And now that I think about it, I need to add support for credential passing,
as well. So expect that to land shortly.

Project page: http://25thandclement.com/~william/projects/cqueues.html
Userguide: http://25thandclement.com/~william/projects/cqueues.pdf