[1] We thought about a multi-state xmove that worked across lua_states
and that didn't support lua functions or c closures. But then we
thought that might be better as a separate library...

[2] I'm not suggesting that Lua add multi-threaded capabilities, only
that there might be some utility calls that would help people that are
implementing applications that work this way.

Feel free to have a look at the Lanes module. It has 1:1 multithreading and inter-state message passing that supports Lua functions.

--
Benoit.